Happy St. Patrick’s Day. We are approximately three weeks out on the ZMAG at this point—if everything goes to plan. Here are some pics of the work in progress:
Body second piercing and initial forming transfer tool is 100% complete (partially disassembled in pics):
Feedlip forming transfer tool is 100% complete:
Feedlip forming tool with formed mag body in place:
Body final forming transfer tool is 75% complete:
Insert and floorplate blanking and forming progressive tool is 25% complete—and where all efforts are currently focused:
An overview of the complete tooling set in progress:
Artwork for marking stamps:
Things left to do:
- Get the marking stamps in and installed in the body blanking tool. (These stamps are still 7 business days out.)
- In the meantime, complete the insert and floorplate blanking and forming progressive tool. (This tool still needs more than a week of work to complete.)
- Once the tools are built and finalized, it will take approximately three days to run the first 1,000 units.
- Then the parts will have to be black zinc plated. That will take most of a week.
- Lastly, we will assemble the mags and start shipping them to those who have pre-ordered.
Thank you to everyone hanging in there with us. Just a few more weeks at this point. 🙂