Wow! That little boy has one tough mother.
If you want to convert your Mossberg 500A (12 gauge) to a 14” barrel—legally, of course—you will need to order a total of eight front-end parts from Mossberg. Give them a call at 1-800-363-3555 and order one each of the following:
- 13488 Tube Nut 500A/835 $8.53
- 11239P M590/835 Mag Cap Parkerized $14.00
- 12410P Magtube M514 Parkerized $38.00
- 12392P Magazine Spring Retainer 590/835 Parkerized $3.50
- 12194 Spring, Magazine 835 $3.50
- 12359 Forearm, M514 $20.00
- 16033P Bbl Asm 514Bead Hvy/w Parkerized $100.00
- 12362P Action Slide Asm 500/514 Parkerized $22.00
Prices listed above were current on December 7, 2010. Shipping ran me $14.95. So my total was $224.48 shipped.
You can then probably sell your original front end online for anywhere from $75 to $200—and recoup a significant part of your costs of upgrading to the uber-cool 14” front end. All NFA rules apply, of course.