Say Goodbye to Stuck Nuts!
How many times has this happened to you? You want to clean your Mossberg 500 or Remington 870, but as you’re stripping it down, you find your forend nut is stuck? Or you don’t have the right tool?
You end up making do with a hammer and punch, or other unsuitable combination of devices. But as you’re wailing away on your nut and trying to get it off, you end up doing some real damage to your gun.
Next thing you know, you’ve now got to spend the cash to go see a professional for gun repair — and see if they can clean up the mess you’ve created.
Fret no more.
Shockwave has you covered. Remove and replace your forend in under two minutes with the Shockwave Raptor Forend Nut Tool. Full 304 stainless steel construction, this handy dandy device is proudly made in the U.S.A.
Being double-ended, one tool fits both Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 guns.
Extra long, the Shockwave Raptor Forend Nut Tool can reach the deepest of nuts on the longest of magazine tubes. Being stainless, it won’t rust like a carbon-steel tool or deform like a nylon or aluminum tool. That means you’re always assured of being able to get off the most stubborn nuts.
Just grasp the tool with your dominant hand, work it over the magazine tube and into your nut. Then just a twist to the left. Voila, your nut’s off. Reassembly is simply the reverse.
Need more leverage? A thin metal bar or even a screwdriver can be inserted through the hole in the end. On exceedingly long magazine tubes, a rubber strap wrench can often be employed with great success.
The Shockwave Raptor Forend Nut Tool features include:
- Precision-machined in Dunedin, Florida
- Manufactured from 304 stainless steel
- Won’t rust like a carbon steel tool
- Won’t deform like a nylon or aluminum tool
- Remove the most stubborn forend nuts
- Insert a bar or screwdriver through one of the provided holes for extra leverage
- Over 4? long for reaching the deepest recessed nuts on the longest magazine tubes
- No need to remove the magazine tube from your firearm
- One side fits Mossberg 500 guns and the other Remington 870 and Hawk 982 guns
- Fits 12-gauge guns with short, medium, long or even extra long magazine tubes
- Compatible with the Streamlight tactical forend.
Of course, safety first. Whenever cleaning your Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 (or any gun for that matter), you always want to make sure your chamber’s empty, as you wouldn’t want your gun to go off accidentally.