Welcome to Shockwave Technologies website. Here, you’ll find everything gun-related that’s cool.
Click on a category (below or to the right) to begin shopping. (Don’t worry. You never have to register as a site user to buy something. You don’t even need to register with PayPal to make payment—you can simply check out as “Guest” and pay with your credit card.)
- Parts for Mossberg 500 Shotguns
- Parts for Remington 870 Shotguns
- Parts for SWD M-11/NINE Weapons
- Parts for H&K Weapons Systems
- Parts for Ruger 10/22 Rifles
Feb 18, 2014: ZMAG Production Tooling Nearing Completion
We are hard at work on the various pieces of production tooling. The mold for the polymer followers is complete (need to get a picture of this). The different tools for the mag bodies are almost complete. The progressive stamping tool for the inserts and floorplates is the final piece we need to finish, which should go rather quickly.
The first batch of 30-round springs from Wolff is here.
The most realistic date I can give for beginning shipment is the middle of next month (mid-March). I know we’re taking longer than expected. But thank you to everyone for hanging in there with us. I believe these will be worth the wait.
Some pics of the work in progress:
Magazine body trim and pierce die in progress:
Feedlip forming tool halves in progress:
Follower mold cores and cavities cut:
First batch (1,000 pieces) of 30-round springs from Wolff:
Sample 50-round springs from Wolff:
Thank you again everyone,
Feb 4, 2014: New Lower Pricing for Raptor Grips
No one should be left defenseless. So we’re dropping the price on our Raptor Grip M500 and Raptor Grip R870 to $25.95. Now everyone should be able to build the Ultimate Home Defense Weapon.
Order your Raptor Grip for the Mossberg 500 here.
Order your Raptor Grip for the Remington 870 here.
Jan 17, 2014: Now Shipping: MEGA Mount AR Stock Adapters for M-11/NINE
Tired of your AR stock adapter always shooting loose? Shockwave has the answer: the MEGA Mount AR stock adapter for M-11/NINE guns. Learn more here.
Dec 3, 2013: Now Taking Pre-orders for ZMAGs for M11/NINE
You asked for it. You got it. We are now accepting pre-orders for the new Shockwave ZMAGs for the Cobray M-11 guns. Order yours today here.
(Note: Credit card processing for these magazines is handled through eProcessing Network, due to Paypal’s anti-gun policies.)
Dec 2, 2013: Raptor Grip R870 ON SALE!
The Raptor Grip for the Remington 870 is currently $5 off. For a limited time, instead of its regular price of $31.99, it is only $26.99 You can order the Raptor Grip R870 on the Remington 870 Parts page. You will love this grip!
Dec 1, 2013: ZMAG Beta Testing Concludes
With all beta testers having reported in, I can give the final numbers. With over 4,800 rounds fired through the 12 test mags, only a handful of feeding errors were experienced. The final score is 99.9% reliability. Not too shabby. With a polymer follower, I expect the production magazines to be AT LEAST that reliable. Anyone for 99.99% reliability?
Nov 21, 2013: ZMAGs: The Final Cut
We still have several beta testers who haven’t had a chance to test the new ZMAGs. But their input is due any day. Based on what we’ve heard back from the testers who have already completed testing, the ZMAG are performing well—with a 99.8% feeding success rate so far. Obviously, we’d like to get that number as close to 100% as possible. So, the production units are going to feature a polymer follower. I believe this will help eliminate any follower binding that may be contributing to the small number of misfeeds.
A lot of wheels are in motion to bring these magazines into production before the year is out. But it will be close. That’s why I’m forecasting a January shipping date.
Nov 11, 2013: ZMAG Beta Units Shipping Tomorrow!
We are finally shipping the beta-test mags tomorrow! Developing the Shockwave ZMAG for the Cobray M-11/NINE SMGs, pistols, and carbines has been a long, arduous, expensive, time-consuming adventure in engineering and manufacturing to get to this point. But it is very exciting to be here. I hope all goes well with the functional testing across all the various gun configurations out there. (Fingers crossed.)
Sep 24, 2013: Shockwave’s New M-11/NINE Mag To Be Named the ZMAG
Why the “ZMAG”? Because it’s the last magazine you’ll ever need for your M-11/NINE submachine gun, pistol, or carbine. Period.
Sep 17, 2013: Shockwave M-11/NINE 30-Round Mag Dressed in Black
Here are a few pics of the new Shockwave Mag painted black. Just so you can see what the final mag will look like. (Note that the follower in these pics is still a 3D printed item. The production followers will be made of stamped sheet steel.) Target price is still $35 each. Discounts will be offered for 6-packs and 12-packs.
Sep 16, 2013: M11/NINE Mag Design Finalized!
We are in the home stretch now. The design of the mag body, insert, and floorplate is finalized. The design of the follower is finished, too. We just need to mill some tooling for the follower. That will happen over the next two or three days—and we’ll be there.
Some of the features that put our all-metal magazine head and shoulders above the competition include:
- Mag stop. On the front of the mag is the mag stop—a go/no-go feature IMHO. The important feature prevents over-inserting a mag into your gun with the bolt in the open position—and bending your ejector rod, which can quickly ruin your day at the range.
- Robust, high-reliability feedlips. The feedlips are designed for optimal ammunition feeding. I wish I could take you through all the ins and outs of what makes these feedlips king of the hill, but that would take a doctoral dissertation to explore. One thing you should know is that these mags make your feedramp redundant. The rounds never even touch the feedramp. So if you have a feedramp that’s out of spec—almost the norm for these guns—resolve your feeding issues once and for all with these super high-quality magazines.
- Compatibility with the Uplula. Yes, you can easily load your Shockwave M11/NINE mags using the handy Butler Creek Uplula mag loader.
- Works with all stock designs. We designed this magazine to function with all stock designs—including the factory folding stock.
- Ammo witness holes. The oblong holes on the left side of the mag allow you to see remaining ammo at a glance. (There are 30 rounds loaded in the mag in the first three pics, and you can see that rounds 10, 20, and 30 are perfectly centered in the windows.)
- Optimally placed mag catch. The cutout for the mag catch is on the rear of the mag. (Note that the mag pictured is still a prototype. The welding on the production mags will be much much better. )
- Anti-tilt metal follower. In the final pic, you can see how the follower sits. (The follower shown is simply a 3D printed piece. The production followers will be stamped sheet steel.)
- Black Oxide finish. Rugged finish will protect your magazines for decades to come.
- Ease of disassembly. Magazine disassembles without tools for cleaning.
Almost ready for beta testing, which will begin the first week of October. Test units will be shipped to the beta testers before then.
Let me know your thoughts.
Sep 10, 2013: Update on M11/NINE Mag
The follower design is complete. In the first picture, you can see a quick 3D-printed sample. Actual production followers will be formed of sheet steel. We ended up simplifying things a bit to ensure the highest reliability. In the second picture, you can see how the follower sits in an empty mag. In the last picture, you can see the Wolff Gunsprings we will be using. These springs are designed for the Glock 18 33-round mags. From the beginning, we have designed our follower and mag body to use this particular spring. If you have Wolff springs in any of your guns or mags, you know they make great stuff.
Finally, here are a couple of videos, showing that the new Shockwave M11/NINE mag works with the Uplula loader and the original factory wire stock:
Sep 5, 2013: Raptor Grip R870 Is Now Shipping
You can now order the Raptor Grip R870 on the Remington 870 Parts page. A big thank you to everyone who has hung in there with us over the summer. You’re gonna love this new grip.
A note for our Canadian friends: The Raptor Grip R870 is available on ebay.ca as well. Just search for “Shockwave Raptor Grip 870.”
Sep 5, 2013: Test Firing of Latest Prototype M11/NINE All-Metal Mag
Here are a few vids of the latest test firing:
Let me know what you think,
To read my earlier blog posts, be sure to check out the archives.